Visual Inspection Technique
1) Open and remove glove box
2) Locate the drive motor for the heater blend doors.
3) Remove phillips screws securing the drive motor.
4) Remove the drive motor from it's mount. Inspect the white input shaft at it's base. Usually a good
indication the doors have failed is that this is a complete circle with out a stop limit pin.
5) Twist the white input shaft counter clockwise (towards the driver side) and wait for resistance. If the
door is intact, it should stop any amount of force you could apply by hand. If the shaft
spins freely or catches and then pops free as you turn, the plastic blend control doors are broken and
the Jeep Heater aluminum blend doors are your answer.
|1999 - 2004 Jeep® Grand Cherokee® Blend Door
* Chrysler Group LLC has neither licensed nor endorsed JGCParts to sell goods and services for Jeep® vehicles.
Jeep® and Grand Cherokee® are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC. JGCParts is not in any way
associated with Jeep® or Chrysler Group LLC.