Follow the steps outlined and record the codes for later reference.
1) Turn on the vehicle.
2) Turn on the AC system to any setting.
3) Hold down the AC and the Recirculation buttons at the same time.
4) While still holding the AC and Recirculation button, turn the driver’s side temperature control knob
clockwise one click.
5) Release the AC and Re-Circulation buttons.
The code numbers will be displayed on the screen one at a time.
22 or 54 – Left temperature door is broken.
24 or 56 – Right temperature door is broken.
Your Codes: ___________ ____________ ____________ ____________
Click here for a complete list of fault codes
Click here for Visual Inspection Instructions
1999 - 2004 Jeep® Grand Cherokee® Blend Door Diagnosis
* Chrysler Group LLC has neither licensed nor endorsed JGCParts to sell goods and services for Jeep® vehicles.
Jeep® and Grand Cherokee® are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC. JGCParts is not in any way
associated with Jeep® or Chrysler Group LLC.